ABOUT Dr. Sameer R Kalkotwar
Consultant Spine surgeon at RNH hospital
Year of Completion
|Visiting Physician and research fellow (Spine Division) NYU HJD||New York University, USA||2009|
|Spine Foundation Fellow-ship (Dr Bhojraj)||Lilavati Hospital, and Breach Candy hospital||2006-2008|
|Fellow Association of spine surgeons of India||A.S.S.I (Association of spine surgeons of India)||2007|
|M.S Orthopaedics||G.M.C, Bhopal||2006|
|M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)||G.M.C, Nagpur||2001|
Training Experience in Spine
- Visiting physician – NewYork University Hospital of Joint diseases (Spine division) – 2009.
- Associate spine surgeon – ‘The spine Clinic’ (Dr Bhojraj) Lilavati hospital and research centre and Breach candy hospital – 2008
- Spine Foundation Fellowship (Dr Bhojraj) – Lilavati hospital and research centre, Bandra,and Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai – yr 2006
- Attended workshops on endoscopic spine surgery esp- at Seoul (2014), Bangkok (2015), Germany (2017)
- Fellow ASSI – Low back pain research fellow – 2007.
Work Experience in Spine Surgery
- Worked as Asst Professor and worked as exclusive spine surgeon at NKP Salve Medical college and Lata Mangeshkar Hospital Nagpur from August 2010 till December 2013
- Junior Spine Consultant – ‘The spine Clinic’(Dr Bhojraj) Lilavati hospital and research centre and Breach candy hospital – 2010
- Over 1200 spine surgeries conducted
- Spinal deformity correction (Anterior and Posterior)
- Craniovertebral junctions
- Goels technique
- Anterior transoral
- Anterior odontoid screw fixations
- Spine tumors – Extradural/ Intradural/ Intramedullary
- Minimally invasive fixation
- Currently developing spine endoscopy techniques
- Degenerative and traumatic spine – Anterior and posterior sx as required.
Current professional status
- Consultant Spine surgeon at RNH hospital, Dhantoli since 2011
- Consultant spine surgeon ‘Central India Brain and Spine institute’ at Arneja Hospital, Ramdaspeth Nagpur since 2012
- Consultant spine surgeon Ortho relief Hospital Dhantoli since December 2013.
- Assistant Prof (in Orthopedics) at NKP Salve institute of Medical sciences and Lata Mangeshkar Hospital for over 4 years. Involved in Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching during this tenure.
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Jaipur 2011
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Nagpur 2011
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Kanpur 2010
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Kolhapur 2010
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Nashik 2009
- Working as Junior Consultant and Associated spine surgeon and involved in training of Spine fellows in the spine clinic at ‘The spine clinic’ – Lilavati hospital and Breach candy hospital, Mumbai.
- Involved as an Instructor in postgraduate instructional course series at Lilavati hospital and research centre-2007
- Incharge of undergraduate teaching during postgraduation period (M S Orthopaedics – 3 years) at G.M.C. Bhopal.
- Conducted symposium on Revision Spine surgery – ASSICON 2010 at Nagpur.
- Revision spine surgery – can we devise a classification system – ASSICON 2010 at Nagpur
- Project on Low back pain – Progress and few initial inferences – ASSICON 2008 at Chennai.
- Project on Low back pain – progress – ASSICON 2008 at Coimbatore
- When to do discectomy in patient with LCS – A prospective interospeciton – ASSICON 2008 at Coimbatore
- Low back pain research – An Indian Perspective – XIV Annual conference on low back pain research –Palma de Mallorca 2007
- Project on low back pain in rural and urban poor and early results of this project – ASSICON in 2007 at Goa
- Project on Research on low back pain in rural and urban poor –at Wiroc in Mumbai in 2006.
- Spinal Instability in Ankylosing spondylitis. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2010, 44 (3), Pg 270-276.
- Variations of Iliolumbar veins during the anterior approach for spinal procedures. Journal of vascular surgery 2010, 51 (4), 1074
- Rare presentation of spinal chondrosarcoma with both intraspinal and intrathoracic extension. Journal of spinal surgery 2009 1 (1), 50-53.
- Post surgical epidural haematoma: Complication of spine surgery: A rare case report. Journal of spinal surgery 2009 1(2), 119-121.